my follow 5ever :o!!!!!
221bbonerstreet . ashiyawann . bishopsorphan . buckybarnesss . cassiedelfuego . castiel-winchesterr . childgraves . deputylydia . empty-nest . evanstanlove . fcstevebucky . forest-of-bitches . ihavelivedformyart . ladyofthelake . lestrdes . littleshrekthings . luninosity . mairett . missamachan . mmnro . paraxdisepink . poseypants . rogersbarnes . rogersx . secondgoddess . seba-stan . sebastianstanners . sehr-nein . sidekikcs . smallestfish . somethingaboutamagpie . tinymorrismann . the-devil-wears-polo . unseeliefaerie . yahu-alli
AWW! Thank you so much sweetheart! You are my follow 5ever as well!
TheSOPA (Stop Online Privacy Act) bill has resurfaced and is once again trying to be passed.
The link attached will take you to a petition. Unless this petition reaches 100,000signatures by next week, this will happen:
- All websites containing media that refers to or is owned by a company that hasn’t given its permission for the media to be displayed can and will be shut down. This means sites such as Tumblr, Wattpad, Pinterist, fanfiction.com.
- People who post such media can and will be fined, with a maximum sentence of five years in prison. This includes, but is not limited to, people who own/post the following: fanfiction, fan art, roleplay blogs, fan blogs/accounts and movie streaming sites.
"The legislation would allow copyright holders and the Justice Department to seek court orders against websites associated with copyright infringement. SOPA, the House version, applies to both domestic and foreign websites, while PIPA targets foreign websites. If that court order is granted, the entire website would be taken down. Internet users who typed in the site’s URL address would receive an error message, and for all appearances, the site would never have existed. Importantly, the court does not need to hear a defense from the actual website before issuing its ruling. The entire website can be condemned without a trial or even a traditional court hearing."
This is not a joke.
This is real.
We need 100,000 signatures by next week. Make one of them yours, or all these things that make you happy will disappear.
VIRGINIA JUST LEGALIZED GAY MARRIAGE FIRST STATE IN THE SOUTH 30 MINUTES AGO HELL FUCKIN YEA TURN THE FUCK UP IN THIS STATE FUNCTION
HOLD UP! It’s not legal yet, we’re still fighting for that. It was declared unconstitutional by around four judges but in case you forgot separation of powers judges don’t write laws. Therefore, it has not been legalized. It just means that the ban is going to go under review.
Ruling by US District Judge Arenda Wright Allen sets the stage for a possible Supreme Court showdown, though cases from Utah and Oklahoma are also headed that way
Contributing: Melanie Eversley, USA Today
people say to you, you’ve changed, or something like that, well, i hope, for the sake of god that you have changed, because i don’t want to be the same person all my life. i want to be growing, i want to be expanding. i want to be changing. because animate things change, inanimate things don’t change. dead things don’t change. and the heart should be alive, it should be changing, it should be moving, it should be growing, its knowledge should be expanding.
Hey guys, just in case you speedily clicked the “I Agree” button and didn’t actually read the whole thing here’s something new in their terms and conditions that I think everyone should read because it might get some people in trouble.
20. DMCA Copyright Policy
Tumblr has adopted the following policy toward copyright infringement on the Services in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”). The address of Tumblr’s Designated Agent for copyright takedown notices (“Designated Agent”) is listed below. You may submit a notice under the DMCA using our copyright notice form.
Reporting Instances of Copyright Infringement:
If you believe that Content residing or accessible on or through the Services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent at the address below:
- Identification of the work or material being infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including its location, with sufficient detail so that Tumblr is capable of finding it and verifying its existence.
- Contact information for the notifying party (the “Notifying Party”), including name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that the Notifying Party has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or law.
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided in the notice is accurate and that the Notifying Party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
Please also note that the information provided in a notice of copyright infringement may be forwarded to the Subscriber who posted the allegedly infringing content. After removing material pursuant to a valid DMCA notice, Tumblr will immediately notify the Subscriber responsible for the allegedly infringing material that it has removed or disabled access to the material. Tumblr will terminate, under appropriate circumstances, the Accounts of Subscribers who are repeat copyright infringers, and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate any Subscriber for actual or apparent copyright infringement.
Submitting a DMCA Counter-Notification:
If you believe you are the wrongful subject of a DMCA notification, you may file a counter-notification with Tumblr by providing the following information to the Designated Agent at the address below:
- The specific URLs of material that Tumblr has removed or to which Tumblr has disabled access.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or the federal district courts located in New York County, New York if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original DMCA notification or an agent of such person.
- The following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.”
- Your signature.
Upon receipt of a valid counter-notification, Tumblr will forward it to Notifying Party who submitted the original DMCA notification. The original Notifying Party (or the copyright holder he or she represents) will then have ten (10) days to notify us that he or she has filed legal action relating to the allegedly infringing material. If Tumblr does not receive any such notification within ten (10) days, we may restore the material to the Services.
Just a general heads up to my followers that this IS a thing now.
To lighten it up, the good old T&C still had some funny bits.
Tumblr may determine your location by using drone technology and live video feeds. Ha ha, no, we just check out your IP address or any location data you attach to a post. Normal stuff.
Yahoo owns us and we share.
Not, to say those jokes weren’t also a little creepy, but hey.
Anyways, just wanted to put this out there and make sure everyone was aware of it.
Surnames are just as important as given names. So, I compiled a list of the websites I use to find my surnames.
I would add just be careful when writing immigrants and their names. Especially if you are writing an immigrant from Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, or anywhere in the Middle East who immigrated to America. People from those countries have their individual stories and deeply rooted history into why they were forced to leave and those cultures place heavy importance on names. Their names would tell the story of why they had to emigrate.